Get the Most from Your Machine
If you have multiple tasks to get done in a typical work day, the M318F can help. Highly versatile, you can easily expand all the possibilities it offers by utilizing any of the variety of Cat attachments.
Change Jobs Quickly
A quick coupler brings the ability to quickly change attachments and increase your flexibility. Operators will be encouraged to use the right tool for the job and fewer machines will be needed.
Dig, Load and Landscape
A wide range of buckets offers solutions for digging, excavating, trenching, loading and finishing. Ditch Cleaning buckets are suitable for grading and finishing in landscaping applications or for loading loose material that is stockpiled, where teeth would damage the surface.
Sort and Handle Material
With increasing environmental regulations, you need efficient ways to deal with waste. Save on transportation, manpower and dumping costs with Cat grapples by sorting debris at source and trucking it separately. When you need good penetration, you can count on Cat digging grabs.
Build, Compact and Maintain Roads
Whether you do finish grading with leveling buckets, ditch cleaning, sewer and water, or compaction, the machine in combination with the appropriate work tool will do the job quickly.
Break, Demolish and Scrap
When a structure must be demolished, it has to be done quickly – and sustainably. The Cat MP300 Multi-Processors let you do exactly that and meet every demolition need. Cat E Series hammers deliver very high blow rates, and shears provide effective scrap processing.
Match your Cat hydraulic work tools attachment to your Cat machine, and get the most out of the standard, built-in software. Work tool changes have never been easier!
Save Time with Every Tool Change
Perform hydraulic tool changes in seconds … The new Auto-Connect hydraulic coupler automates tool exchange fully, so operators can change work tools quickly, from the safety and comfort of their cabs. The unique design of the Auto-Connect prevents ruptured hoses, avoiding unplanned downtime. It makes your operators more efficient and productive.
Convenient Access Built In
You can reach routine maintenance items like fuel and engine oil filters and fluid taps at ground level while fuel and DEF tank with engine air filter are accessible from the safety of the slip-resistant new service platform. Compartments feature wide composite service doors, designed to be more resistant to shocks, which all include gas struts to facilitate the opening. Components are now gathered in specific dedicated compartments, like the special electrical compartments.
A Cool Design for Any Temperature
The side-by-side and radial fan design allows greater cooling performance. The system is completely separated from the engine compartment to reduce noise and heat and all radiators are gathered in the same compartment while featuring easy-to-clean cores with a tilting device that requires no tool to unlock.
A Fresh Idea
Ventilation inside the cab allows outside air to enter through a fresh air filter. The filter is located on the side of the cab to make it easy to reach, and it is protected by a lockable door that can be opened with the engine key.
Lube and Fuel Options
An electric lubricator system is an available time-saving standard feature for greasing the whole upper carriage. Greasing points for the undercarriage are kept to a minimum and grouped. An electric refueling pump is also standard. The hose is stored in a dedicated tray, for more cleanliness. Add in the new electric lift pump removing the need to prime the system manually, the standard fuel and water separator and you get a machine that does the fastidious works for you.
Keep it simple.
Legacy from the Renowned Cat Wheeled Excavators
Designed for the operator, our cabs are unique.
- Frequently used switches are centralized, kept to the minimum and ideally located close to the joysticks.
- Storage compartments are useful... when well designed. The lunch box provides sufficient room to store a hard hat. Several other areas include drink, phone, or key holders.
Comfortable Seat Options
Our seats provide all the comfort needed for a long day of work, including FULL adjustment. All seats are heated and air suspended. Automatic weight adjustment and air cooled seats are available.
Safety – Not an Option
ROPS/FOGS compatible cabs, seat belt alarm, safety bar, sideview camera … among others.
Details That Make the Difference
Have a look at the cab; you will see it is through details that we improve pleasure of operating.
Smart Controls to Reduce Fatigue
- Features like ride control, SmartBoom or Joystick Steering will be precious to increase your productivity.
- New technologies that work transparently like the swing and auto travel lock or the automatic brake and axle lock, reduce the number of tasks you need to do.
Plug, Charge and Play Your Devices
- The 12V 10A power supply socket is conveniently located for charging your laptop, or a tablet.
- A CD/MP3 Radio with speakers and USB port is available.
Cat Connect makes smart use of technology and services to improve your job site efficiency. Using the data from technology-equipped machines, you'll get more information and insight into your equipment and operations than ever before. Cat Connect technologies offer improvements in these key areas: Equipment Management – increase uptime and reduce operating costs. Productivity – monitor production and manage job site efficiency. Safety – enhance job site awareness to keep your people and equipment safe. Featured Cat Connect technologies include the following:
Link technologies provide wireless capability to machines to enable two-way transfer of information collected by on-board sensors, control modules, and other Cat Connect technologies.
Manage Your Machine Remotely
Cat Product Link is a system that is deeply integrated into the machine monitoring system to take the guesswork out of managing your equipment. The system tracks location, hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, and diagnostic codes and shares it with you through VisionLink® to help you maximize efficiency, improve productivity, and lower operating costs.
Booms and Sticks
Booms and sticks are welded, box section structures with thick, multi-plate fabrications in high stress areas for the tough work you do.
The choice of various booms and sticks provides the right balance of reach and digging forces for all applications.
- Short stick (2100 mm) for maximum breakout force and lifting capability
- Medium stick (2400 mm) for greater crowd force and lift capacity
- Long stick (2600 mm) for greater depth and reach
- Variable Adjustable (VA) – improved right side visibility and roading balance. When working in tight quarters or lifting heavy loads, the VA boom offers the best flexibility.
- One-Piece Boom – Fits best for all standard applications such as truck loading and digging. A unique straight section in the curve of the side plate reduces stress flow and helps increase boom life.
- Offset Boom – The large offset dimensions allow you to dig along walls, over obstacles, to grade while driving, and to dig under laid tubes without damaging them. The combination with a tiltable ditch cleaning bucket lets you operate a highly versatile system.
Heavy Duty Axles
Long life with effective heavy duty axles. The transmission is mounted directly on the rear axle for protection and optimum ground clearance. The front axle offers wide oscillating and steering angles.
Advanced Disc Brake System
Minimizes the rocking effect when working free on wheels. The disc brake system acts directly on the hub instead of the drive shaft to avoid planetary gear backlash.
Fenders provide excellent coverage of all tires, protecting the machine and surroundings from mud and stones being thrown up.
Keep both hands on the joysticks even when simultaneously moving the implements and repositioning the machine, by the use of the slider switch on the right joystick.
New Blade Design
- Parallel kinematic to keep the blade parallel to the ground, in every height position
- A profile that allows material to roll better and minimizes material packing
The Next Generation
Make the Move to the Next Generation
Refinements. From the whole design to the smallest details. Convenient features, new advanced and transparent technologies, not only to reduce emissions but to further improve your daily experience when working with our products.
Easier Than Ever
Work like no other with our wheeled excavators. The F Series generation is made to help you take on the wide variety of the challenges you face every day, more easily and with more pleasure, to keep you on the road to your success.
Access into the cab of a wheeled excavator has always been a challenge. We bring a solution to allow you to safely climb into the cab:
- Three longer access steps, aligned with the cab entry
- Anti-skid plates on all walkways and steps reducing slipping hazards
- Convenient door handrail
- Additional extended handrail, from the top to the bottom of the cab
- Tiltable console, not to obstruct entry into the cab
- Safety lever built into the tiltable console to make sure the way in and out is free of obstacle
Smart devices are embedded to offer as much safety as possible for your operators and help enforce safe behavior:
- Safety seat belt and warning indicators (monitor)
- Automatic swing lock
- Automatic brake and axle lock
- Safety Lever, preventing exit when the implements are not locked out
- Emergency shut off switch and battery switch disconnect
- Adjustable travel alarm
- Lowering check valves
Safe and Quiet Cab
The all-new cab provides you with a safe environment. It also contributes to your comfort with limited vibrations and drastically reduced sound levels.
- LED lights for all working lights for enhanced night-time visibility
- Halogen lights for all roading lights
- LED dome light for better illumination inside the cab
- Enlarged glass gives you excellent visibility to the front, top, rear, and sides, even to the right
- Standard rearview camera gives you a clear field of view behind the machine through the monitor. Camera is integrated into the counterweight.
- Standard sideview camera, to check nothing is hidden to you from the front right hand side to the rear of the machine
- Lenses of all the cameras are wide angle and heated
- All mirrors are wide angle and allow view not only around the machine but also to the ground
When it comes to moving material quickly, you need efficient hydraulics – the type the F Series can deliver.
Efficient Design, Smart and Fast
- Simple Design: The new hydraulic valve compartment and routings offer a simple and clean design to help ensure durability. Everything is reachable from ground level.
- Smart Main Hydraulics: The system allows reducing the load on the engine when not needed, which translates into lower fuel consumption.
- Dedicated Secondary Hydraulics: A closed hydraulic circuit is dedicated to the swing only. Having two separate pumps, one for the swing and the other for the other functions allows faster and smoother combined movements.
Control Like No Other
- Electronic Pump Control – Controllability is one of the main attributes of Cat excavators, and one of the key contributors to this is the Electronic Pump Control (EPC) that's designed to improve response time and precision. It puts flow exactly where you need it, when you need it, which means a much smoother operation and greater efficiency.
- Adjustable Hydraulic Sensitivity – Allows you to adjust the aggressiveness of the machine according to the application.
- Stick Regeneration Circuit – Increases efficiency and helps enhance controllability for higher productivity.
Proportional Auxiliary Hydraulics, Tremendous Versatility
Medium pressure function (for tilting buckets or rotating tools), high pressure lines (for tilting/rotating work tools requiring a third auxiliary hydraulic function), hydraulic quick coupler circuit: they all come standard, which allows you to switch from one work tool to another, without the need to add lines and hydraulic circuits.
Simplicity and Functionality
A Cab Just for You – Fully Adjustable
- Joystick consoles, in height and angle
- Steering column adjustment, not only tilting fore/aft but also in height
- Hydraulic sensitivity of the machine to make it more or less aggressive
- Joystick controls, buttons and thumb wheels
- Automatic air conditioning
Incredibly Low Sound Levels, Less Fatigue
Increased cab pressure, preventing from dust entry, combined with new the design contributes to reducing sound. Add in new hydro mounts to fix the cab on the frame and you have a cab that's as quiet as any of today's premium cars.
Outstanding Visibility: See the Difference!
- Standard LED working lights and halogen roading lights
- LED dome light
- All glass areas have been drastically increased
- Choice of 70/30 front windshield or one-piece windshield
- New wide angle mirrors including a lower mirror for a better visibility to the ground
- Parallel intermittent (four speeds) wipers covering the whole windshield
Standard Rear and Side Wide Angle Cameras
Cameras let you see what's going on around. The image from the side camera is displayed on an additional wide color screen, offering the full view from the front to the rear of the machine. The rear camera is integrated into the counterweight for enhanced protection.
Large Color Monitor
Easy to read and in local language, the high resolution LCD monitor will keep you aware of any important information. “Quick Access” buttons allow a quick selection of favorite functions. The tool select function lets you preset up to ten different hydraulic attachments for quick tool changes.
Fuel Efficiency and Reduced Exhaust Emissions
The engine meets EU Stage IV emission standards, performs the same amount of work, while burning significantly less fuel than the previous model, which means more efficiency, less resources, and fewer CO2 emissions.
Outstandingly low sound levels, you won't believe your machine is running.
Transparent Technologies and Longer Service Intervals
- The new Eco Modes, Auto Engine Speed Control and Engine Idle Shutdown help further reduce your overall fuel consumption.
- Product Link™ allows remote monitoring of the machine and helps improve overall efficiency.
- Your Cat dealer can help extend service intervals, meaning fewer fluids and disposals, all adding up to lower costs.
Biodiesel and Biodegradable Hydraulic Oil
- The M318F has the flexibility of running on either ultra-low-sulfur diesel (ULSD) fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less or biodiesel (B20) fuel blended with ULSD.
- Cat BIO HYDO Advanced HEES™ reduces the impact on the environment.
Cat Certified Used
This program is a key element in the range of solutions offered by Caterpillar and Cat dealers to help customers achieve growth at the lowest cost while eliminating waste. Used equipment is inspected, guaranteed and ready for work and customers will benefit from a Caterpillar warranty.
The Power and Performance You Need – Constant Power Strategy
Provides a quick response to changing loads, while delivering the same amount of power regardless of operating conditions.
The Power and Performance You Need – A Transparent Emission Solution That Works.
The Cat C7.1 ACERT engine meets today's EU Stage IV emission standards, and it does so without interrupting your job process. It is designed to be:
- Transparent: no operator intervention
- Durable: fit for life Diesel Particulate Filter
- Efficient: no work interruption, even in case of extended idling time
- Simple: minimum maintenance. Longitudinal engine installation, which further simplifies maintenance.
The Power and Performance You Need – Biodiesel Not a Problem
The engine can run on B20 biodiesel fuel that meets ASTM 6751 standards – all to give you more potential fuel-saving flexibility.
The Power and Performance You Need – Proven Technology
To assure that our technology will meet your expectations for reliable trouble-free service, we subjected these engines and technologies to extensive operating hours of test and validation.
Swing and Auto Travel Lock: As Fast, As Easy, As Safe
No need for the operator to bend to engage the swing lock pin.
- Just press a button,
- Align the upper to the lower frame,
- Enjoy the ride: a green indicator confirms the swing and the implements have been automatically locked.
It's As Easy As That.
Integrated Pin Code – Switch Off and Relax
No need to buy optional security system to protect your equipment against theft.
- The pin code is integrated into the monitor (standard).
- Entering the right code allows the engine to start.
It's as Easy as That.
Scraping rock and finishing work is easy and fast. SmartBoom™ simplifies the task and allows more focus on stick and bucket, while the boom freely goes up and down without using pump flow.
The front parts automatically follow the hammer while penetrating the rock. Blank shots or excessive force on the hammer are avoided resulting in longer life for the hammer and the machine. Similar advantages with vibratory plate compactors.
Loading trucks from a bench is more productive and fuel efficient as the return cycle is reduced while the boom down function does not require pump flow.
No need to press the pedal all the time.
- Choose the very speed you wish
- Press the quick access button on the monitor
- Enjoy the ride
It's as Easy as That.
|Engine Model||Cat® C7.1 ACERT™|
|Net Power||126 kW|
|Net Power - Maximum - 80/1269/EEC||126 kW|
|Net Power - Rated - 80/1269/EEC||126 kW|
|Emissions||EU Stage IV|
|Net Power - Rated - ISO 9249/SAE J1349||126 kW|
|Net Power (Rated) - ISO 9249/SAE J1349 - (PS) - Metric||126 kW|
|Engine Gross Power (Maximum) - ISO 14396||129.4 kW|
|Net Power - Maximum - ISO 9249/SAE J1349 - (PS) - Metric||126 kW|
|Net Power - Maximum - ISO 9249/SAE J1349||126 kW|
|Net Power (Maximum) - ISO 9249 at 1,750 rpm||126 kW|
|Engine Gross Power (Maximum) - ISO 14396 - (PS) - Metric||129.4 kW|
|Weight - VA Boom - Rear Dozer Only||17400 kg|
|Weight - VA Boom - Rear Dozer, Front Outriggers||18410 kg|
|Weight - Counterweight - Standard||3400 kg|
|Weight - VA Boom - Front and Rear Outriggers||18670 kg|
|Operating Weight||17 200 kg-19 700 kg (37,920 lb-43,431 lb)|
|Weight - One-Piece Boom - Front and Rear Outriggers||18180 kg|
|Weight - One-Piece Boom - Rear Dozer, Front Outriggers||17920 kg|
|Weight - Sticks - Long (2600 mm)||750 kg|
|Weight - Offset Boom - Rear Dozer, Front Outriggers||18950 kg|
|Weight - Counterweight - Optional||3900 kg|
|Weight - Offset Boom - Rear Dozer Only||17950 kg|
|Weight - Sticks - Industrial (3100 mm)||410 kg|
|Weight - Sticks - Medium (2400 mm)||730 kg|
|Weight - Offset Boom - Front and Rear Outriggers||19210 kg|
|Weight - Sticks - Short (2100 mm)||700 kg|
|Swing Speed||10 r/min|
|Maximum Pressure - Auxiliary Circuit - Swing Mechanism||370 bar|
|Maximum Pressure - Implement Circuit - Travel Circuit||350 bar|
|Maximum Pressure - Implement Circuit - Heavy Lift||370 bar|
|Tank Capacity||122 l|
|Maximum Flow - Auxiliary Circuit - High Pressure||252 l/min|
|Maximum Pressure - Auxiliary Circuit - Medium Pressure||185 bar|
|Maximum Pressure - Auxiliary Circuit - High Pressure||350 bar|
|Maximum Flow - Implement/Travel Circuit||252 l/min|
|Maximum Pressure - Implement Circuit - Normal||350 bar|
|Maximum Flow - Swing Mechanism||85 l/min|
|Maximum Flow - Auxiliary Circuit - Medium Pressure||49 l/min|
|Drawbar Pull||103 kN|
|Forward/Reverse - 2nd Gear||35 km/h|
|Creeper Speed - 1st Gear||3 km/h|
|Creeper Speed - 2nd Gear||12 km/h|
|Maximum Gradeability (17 500 kg/38,580 lb)||75%|
|Forward/Reverse - 1st Gear||10 km/h|
|Service Refill Capacities|
|Engine Crankcase||18.5 l|
|Final Drive||2.5 l|
|Powershift Transmission||2.5 l|
|Front Steering Axle - Differential||10.5 l|
|Fuel Tank - Total Capacity||330 l|
|Diesel Exhaust Fluid Tank||34.5 l|
|Rear Axle - Housing (Differential)||14 l|
|Cooling System||46.9 l|
|Standard||10.00-20 (Dual Pneumatic)|
|Optional||1) 11.00-20 (Dual Pneumatic); 2) 445/70/R19.5 TL XF (Single Pneumatic); 3) 10.00-20 (Dual Solid Rubber)|
|Ground Clearance||370 mm|
|Minimum Turning Radius - Standard Axle - End of VA Boom||7000 mm|
|Maximum Steering Angle||35°|
|Minimum Turning Radius - Standard Axle - Outside of Tire||6400 mm|
|Minimum Turning Radius - Standard Axle - End of One-Piece Boom||8300 mm|
|Oscillation Axle Angle||±9°|
|Bucket Capacities||0.35 m3-1.09 m3 (0.46 yd3-1.43 yd3)|
|Maximum Digging Depth||5920 mm|
|Maximum Reach - Ground Level||9230 mm|
|Maximum Travel Speed||35 km/h|
|Maximum Torque - 1,400 rpm||783 N·m|
|Vibration Levels - Maximum Hand/Arm - ISO 5349:2001||Less Than 2.5 m/s2 (Less Than 8.2 ft/s2)|
|Blade Roll - Over Height||576 mm|
|Vibration Levels - Maximum Whole Body - ISO/TR 25398:2006||Less Than 0.5 m/s2 (Less Than 1.6 ft/s2)|
|FOPS||FOPS (Falling Object Protective Structure) meets FOPS criteria ISO 10262:1998 and SAE J1356:2008|
|Minimum Turning Radius - Wide Axle - End of Offset Boom||7100 mm|
|Minimum Turning Radius - Wide Axle - End of One-Piece Boom||8500 mm|
|Blade Total Height||680 mm|
|Width - Standard Axles||2550 mm|
|Minimum Turning Radius - Wide Axle - End of VA Boom||7100 mm|
|Maximum Raising Height Above Ground||496 mm|
|Minimum Turning Radius - Wide Axle - Outside of Tire||6550 mm|
|Spectator Sound - 2000/14/EC||100 dB(A)|
|Vibration Levels - Seat Transmissibility Factor - ISO 7096:2000 - Spectral Class EM6||Less Than 0.7 m/s2 (Less Than 2.3 ft/s2)|
|Minimum Turning Radius - Standard Axle - End of Offset Boom||7000 mm|
|Width - Wide Axles||2750 mm|
|Net Power - Maximum - ISO 13496 at 1,750 rpm (Gross)||129.4 kW|
|Engine Emissions||EU Stage IV|
|Operator Sound - 2000/14/EC||71 dB(A)|
|Cab/Sound Levels||Meets appropriate standards as listed|
|Maximum Lowering Depth from Ground||131 mm|
|Number of Cylinders||6|
|Fluids (Optional) - Cat Bio HYDO™ Advanced||Readily biodegradable EU Flower eco-label certified|
|ROPS||ROPS (Rollover Protective Structure) offered by Caterpillar meets ROPS criteria ISO 12117-2:2008|
|Fluids (Optional) - Biodiesel Up to B20||Meets EN 14214 or ASTM D6751 with EN590 or ASTM D975 Standard Mineral diesel fuels|