Incarcatoare frontale de talie medie Cat® 972M XE
Standard Z-bar Linkage
The proven Z-bar linkage combines digging efficiency with excellent visibility to the tool resulting in excellent penetration into the pile, high breakout forces and superior production capabilities.
High Lift Linkage
The optional high lift linkage offers increased hinge pin height to load more easily in a variety of applications with any type of bucket or fork.
Aggregate packages are specialized offerings for specific loose aggregate rehandling applications, such as truck loading, hopper charging, stockpiling, and load and carry. Rehandling loose aggregate is less stressful to the machine, therefore payloads can be increased above other applications by installing larger buckets, counterweights and a scale system such as the Cat Production Measurement system. To do so, the Cat aggregate packages require some prerequisites in terms of correct application, machine configuration and conformance to Caterpillar payload policy. Misapplication of Aggregate Handlers may result in significant reliability and durability risk.
Industrial and Waste Handler
The Industrial and Waste Packages offer integrated guards to preserve your machine from the harsh environment of a scrap or waste handling application. The machine guarding is purpose built to protect your machine's major components and systems to ensure durability and reliability.
An extensive range of work tools and bucket styles are available to customize these machines for your operation. Work tools are available either with pin on or quick coupler interface.
Performance Series Buckets
- Load Easy, Fuel Efficient, Carry More – Performance Series Buckets utilize a system-based approach to balance bucket shape with the machine's linkage, weight, lift and tilt capacities. Operators benefit from reduced dig times and better material retention; ultimately translating into significant productivity and fuel efficiency improvements.
- Lower Operating Costs – Performance Series Buckets feature a longer floor that easily digs through the pile and provides excellent visibility for the operators to see when the bucket is full. Less time digging in the pile results in lower fuel consumption and improved tire life. A unique spill guard protects the cab and linkage components from material overflow.
- Higher Productivity – Performance Series Buckets achieve higher fill factors – ranging from 100% to 115% depending on the machine application and material type. The buckets feature a curved side profile to maximize material retention. The optimized design results in unsurpassed production capabilities.
Fusion Quick Coupler – Improved Machine Performance
Fusion is the patented wheel loader coupler system from Caterpillar. The Fusion Coupler System provides performance virtually identical to pin on – with all the flexibility of a quick coupler system. The Fusion Coupler sits back, close in to the loader arms – minimizing offset and increasing the machine's performance.
Fusion Quick Coupler – No Loss of Performance
Fusion is designed to integrate the work tool and the machine by pulling the coupler and tool closer in to the loader. As a result, the center of gravity is moved inward, towards the machine. This translates to increased lifting ability when compared to machines equipped with other coupler systems.
Fusion Quick Coupler – Unsurpassed Durability
An advanced wedging mechanism creates a tight, rattle-free fit. This patented lock up system eliminates play and wear – resulting in a long service life.
Fusion Quick Coupler – Increased Visibility
A new, open coupler frame design clears sight lines from the operator's seat, making it easier than ever before to engage and disengage attachments with certainty.
Fusion Quick Coupler – Common Interface Compatibility
The Fusion Coupler System not only allows one machine to use a range of work tools, but also allows one work tool to be picked up by machines of many different sizes.
The right technologies fine-tuned for the right applications result in:
- High Performance across a variety of applications.
- Enhanced Reliability through commonality and simplicity of design.
- Maximized Uptime and Reduced Cost with world-class support from the Cat dealer network.
- Minimized Impact of Emission Systems – Designed to be transparent to the operator without requiring interaction.
- Durable Designs with long life to overhaul.
- Delivering Better Fuel Economy with minimized maintenance costs while providing the same great power and response.
The new ride control system now has two accumulators enabling it to be more effective over a greater payload range, increasing productivity and operator efficiency due to a better ride. The next generation implement pump continuously and automatically balance hydraulic loads with the machine performance desired by the operator. Engine response is improved as is performance at higher altitudes.
Cat Continuously Variable Transmission
Power is transmitted through a variator unit (hydraulic pump and motor) as well as a parallel mechanical gear path (highest efficiency) in order to maximize the transmission efficiency over a wide range of operating conditions. The continuously variable gear ratio of the variator enables the ability to run the engine at a more efficient operating range independent of machine ground speed.
In addition to aggregates, sand and gravel and batch plants, this model is commonly used in heavy construction applications where poor underfoot conditions make traction difficult slowing production and challenging job deadlines. The new on-the-go disc-type differential locks will improve tractive ability in these applications thereby increasing productivity. This model comes standard with front axle differential locks which are manually activated by a switch on the floor. Optional fully automatic front and rear axle differential locks operate by measuring differences in wheel speeds and require no operator intervention to activate. These disc-type differential locks reduce tire scuffing compared to other traction aids further reducing operating costs for customers. The axles have new external caliper disc parking brakes mounted to the input shaft of the front axles. Since they are external, they do not have the inefficiencies of enclosed wet parking brakes due to brake discs running in oil nor is there any oil to change reducing fuel and maintenance costs. External caliper parking brakes are easily accessible for inspection and service.
Machine configuration, operator technique, and job site layout can impact fuel consumption by as much as 30 percent. Data from customer machines show Cat wheel loaders are the most fuel efficient machines in the industry. Several features contribute to this excellent fuel efficiency:
- New Stage IV ACERT Engine, Hydraulics, Transmission and Ride Control – Deep system integration results in reduced emissions, more productivity, lower fuel consumption, without interrupting machine performance – making it seamless to you and your operators.
- Advanced Power Train – With the integrated Cat continuously variable transmission, the machine is well balanced and easier to operate at extremely low engine speeds providing increased productivity while burning less fuel.
- New Manual/Automatic Differential Locks – Increase traction, reduce tire scuffing compared to other traction aids, further reducing your operating costs.
- New External Caliper Disc Parking Brakes – Easily accessible for maintenance.
- Machine Configuration – Select the correct linkage, guarding, work tool and tire type based on machine application. Radial tires are preferred; ensure proper inflation pressures. Heavier tires burn more fuel.
- Performance Series Buckets – Deliver faster fill times and better material retention, ultimately reducing cycle times while improving productivity and fuel efficiency.
Enabling Application Efficiency
- Loading Bucket – Load at low engine speed. Raise and tilt bucket smoother, with Caterpillar's multi-function capability, and do not use a “pumping” motion. Avoid lift lever detent and use of transmission neutralizer. Use programmable kick-outs and automatic cylinder snubbing during repeated cycles.
- Loading Truck or Hopper – Do not raise the work tool any higher than necessary. Keep engine rpm low and unload in controlled manner. When slowing down the machine, use the lift command to recover the retarding energy.
- Idle – Set the parking brake to engage Engine Idle Management System to conserve fuel.
- Job Site Layout – Spot loading targets in the right position. Avoid traveling more than twice the machine length during short cycle loading. Reduce transport distance for load and carry cycles by optimizing job site layout.
Advanced Systems with Innovative Integration
- The deep system integration of the new engine and emissions system, power train, hydraulic system and cooling system intelligently lower the average working engine speeds and reduce the overall system heat loads which result in significantly increased performance and fuel efficiency.
- The torque converter is eliminated and rated engine speed lowered.
- The machine speed can be controlled independently of the engine speed and engine retarding energy is transferred to the fan and implement pumps.
- The new 972M XE is the class leader in fuel efficiency.
Engine and Emissions
The Cat C9.3 ACERT engine is designed for maximum fuel efficiency and increased power density, while meeting Stage IV ACERT emission standards. This engine features innovative Cat electronics, fuel injection process, air-management systems, aftertreatment solution with Cat Selective Catalytic Reduction, and a fuel efficient regeneration system. The Cat Regeneration System automatically removes soot from the Diesel Particulate Filter without interrupting your machine's work cycle.
Next Generation Fuel Systems
Cat injection timing precisely controls the fuel injection process through a series of carefully timed microbursts, providing more control of combustion for the cleanest, most efficient fuel burn. On 972M XE the High-Pressure Common Rail Fuel System boosts performance and reduces soot for the C9.3 ACERT engine.
Cat NOx Reduction System
The Cat NOx Reduction System (NRS) captures and cools a small quantity of exhaust gas, then routes it back into the combustion chamber where it drives down combustion temperatures and reduces NOx emissions.
To meet the additional 80% reduction in NOx emissions required by Stage IV emission standards, one new system, the Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR), has been added to the already proven Cat Stage IIIB aftertreatment solution.
The robotically welded two-piece structural frame design provides strong and rigid structures that absorb all the forces associated to penetration, loading and twisting. The M Series articulating hitch system, joining the front and rear frames, provides increased bearing force capacity.
The M Series axles are designed to handle extreme applications resulting in reliable performance and durable life. The rear axle can oscillate to ±13 degrees helping to ensure all four wheels stay on the ground providing stability even in the roughest terrain, for excellent stability and traction.
Easy to Operate
Improving operator efficiency remains a key design goal for the 972M XE. Ensuring operators are safe, confident in the control of their machines, have a clean, comfortable and quiet operating environment all contributes to lower operator fatigue and better performance.
New switch was added to the electronic service center which unlatches the door remotely (optional). Angle of steps has been increased to enable operators to walk up like stairs and three (3) points of contact in permanence were installed while walking up thanks to grab handles repositioning.
Lower glass panel has been extended several inches to improve visibility to the left side of the machine. New mirrors enable improved visibility to rear and both sides of the machine (integrated spot mirrors).
Sound and Vibration
Improved thanks to lower engine speeds and improved ride control system allowing the operator to remain efficient and productive the whole day long.
The central display panel has a large text box, five analog gauges, and LED warning indicators. Operator has now easy access to machine operation, feature activation, system trouble shooting and calibration.
Touch Screen Display and Control Panel
A new color touch screen display dramatically simplifies the operator interface; with machine controls, rear vision camera and new fully integrated Cat Production Measurement system. Sealed against moisture and dirt, the centralized switch panel with LED's provides reliability and ready access to frequently required functions, even while wearing gloves.
Electro-Hydraulic (EH) Joystick Steering with Force Feedback (Speed Sensitive)
Your operators will enjoy and quickly adapt to the seat mounted EH joystick steering system, which provides precision control and dramatically decreases operator arm fatigue.
Faster Learning with Novice Operators
It is easier to become effective with the Cat continuous variable transmission. There is no need to shift gears which enables the operator to focus on loading the bucket.
Simpler Operator Interface
Reduced operator interface/operating mode complexity.
Right Pedal Control – GO
The right pedal can be electronically set to provide the desired amount of propulsion without the need to keep the pedal depressed.
Left Pedal Modulation – STOP
Provides smooth and continuous operation. Initial pedal travel acts as a modulated neutralizer, progressively reducing rimpull.
Maneuverability on Grade
Machine maneuvering on grade is made easy with smooth retarding and anti-rollback feature.
Advanced Power Diagnostic
On-board diagnostic replaces single/double stall testing and offers additional information to help troubleshoot.
Simplified Shifting Strategy
- Full Automatic Transmission – Operator can choose to put machine in 4F and go without need for further shifting.
- Programmable Virtual Gears – Provides familiar, conventional speed range limiting with added flexibility of selecting virtual gears in-between (0.5F, 0.6F, 0.7F…1F, etc…) for desired applications.
- Integrated Flexibility – Separate and settable forward and reverse maximum speed virtual gears make operating the machine simple.
- Smooth and Continuous Deceleration under Load without Manual Downshifting – Allows an operator to engage the pile from 2nd gear run out speeds without having to manually downshift. Intuitively changes from roading to dozing without the need of operator input.
Simpler Directional Shift Operation
Offers smooth and efficient directional changes without the need to modulate brakes/throttle, or coast in neutral, resulting in increased tire life and operator comfort.
Cat Connect makes smart use of technology and services to improve your job site efficiency. Using the data from technology-equipped machines, you'll get more information and insight into your equipment and operations than ever before. Cat Connect technologies offer improvements in these key areas: Equipment Management – increase uptime and reduce operating costs. Productivity – monitor production and manage job site efficiency. Safety – enhance job site awareness to keep your people and equipment safe. Featured Cat Connect technologies include:
Cat Connect LINK Technologies
LINK technologies wirelessly connect you to your equipment giving you access to essential information you need to know to run your business. Link data can give you valuable insight into how your machine or fleet is performing so you can make timely, fact-based decisions that can boost job site efficiency and productivity.
Product Link is deeply integrated into your machine to take the guesswork out of equipment management. Easy access to timely information like machine location, hours, fuel usage, idle time and event codes via the online VisionLink user interface can help you effectively manage your fleet and lower operating cost.
Cat Connect PAYLOAD Technologies
PAYLOAD technologies enable accurate weight measurement of material being loaded or hauled. Payload information is shared with loader operators in real-time to improve productivity, reduce overloading and record both weights and number of loads per shift.
Cat Production Measurement App
Cat Production Measurement provides on-the-go payload weighing through the standard touch-screen display so operators can deliver exact loads with confidence and work more efficiently. Caterpillar designed, fully integrated, and factory-fit for high accuracy, reliability and ease of use. Stores up to 20 material types and 50 truck IDs and records detailed data to track productivity, including time/date, weights, cycles, and more. An optional in-cab printer provides the driver a printed receipt of truck payloads. The operator can track production using the two trip counter screens on the display. Site supervisors can wirelessly access data using the VisionLink web portal to measure production and monitor efficiency.
Cat Connect DETECT Technologies
DETECT technologies help keep people and equipment safe by enhancing operator awareness of the work area around the equipment, by integrating safety features and by monitoring and reporting unsafe conditions or equipment operation.
Rear Vision Camera
The standard rear vision camera greatly enhances visibility behind the machine to help the operator work more safely and productively. A panoramic rear view is automatically displayed on the new multi-function monitor during reverse travel. As an option, a second display can be added, providing a dedicated full-time rear view of the job site.
The Cat sloped “one-piece” tilting hood provides industry leading access to the engine. Its design has further been improved on all M Series wheel loaders to provide the best-in-class service access to engine, oil levels and coolant sight gauge.
The cooling system is readily accessible for clean out and maintenance. With six cooling fins per 25.4 mm and a perforated grill, most airborne debris entering the system passes through the cooler cores. The hydraulic and A/C cooler cores swing out providing easy access to both sides for cleaning. An access panel on the left side of the cooling package swings down to provide access to the back side of the engine coolant and Air-to-Air After Cooler (ATAAC). An optional variable pitch fan can automatically purge the cooler cores by periodically reversing the airflow when needed.
The electrical and hydraulic service centers provide grouped ground level access to numerous features, enhancing safety and convenience for your operators and service technicians, while reducing service time. The electrical service center, located beneath the left platform, contains the maintenance free batteries, a fuse relay panel, main disconnect switch, ground level engine shutdown switch, hood tilt switch, and the jump start receptacle. The hydraulic service centers are now virtually identical for the M Series product line. This new consistent layout makes it easier for service technicians who work on a variety of M Series models. Hydraulic system components on the 972M XE are protected by full flow and kidney-loop filtration. A filter in the hydraulic tank return line filters all of the oil returning to the tank. There is also a case drain screen for additional protection and finally, a separate kidney-loop filter with a finer micron rating continuously filters smaller particles out of the system. This multilevel design ensures the hydraulic oil is clean and thoroughly protects the rest of the hydraulic system from contamination. A new thermal bypass valve has been added to improve hydraulic system warm-up.
Customer Support Agreements
A Customer Support Agreement (CSA) is an arrangement between you and your Cat dealer that helps you lower your total cost per ton. CSAs are flexible, allowing them to be tailored to your business needs. They can range from simple Preventive Maintenance Kits to elaborate Total Cost Performance Guarantees. Having a CSA with your Cat dealer enables more time for you to do what you do best – run your business.
Monitoring product health is key to optimizing the life of an investment into a Cat Wheel Loader.
- Cat Product Link – Cat Product Link allows remote monitoring of equipment to improve overall fleet management effectiveness. Product Link is deeply integrated into machine systems. Events and diagnostic codes, as well as hours, fuel, idle time and other detailed information are transmitted to a secure web based application, VisionLink. VisionLink includes powerful tools to convey information to users and dealers, including mapping, working and idle time, fuel level and more.
- S·O·S Services – Helps manage component life and decrease machine downtime, increasing productivity and efficiency. Regular fluid sampling can help track what is going on inside your machine. Wear related problems are predictable and easily repairable. Maintenance can be done to accommodate your schedule, resulting in increased uptime and flexibility in maintenance repairs before failure.
Caterpillar provides an unsurpassed level of personalized service to help you work more cost effectively and efficiently. By utilizing a worldwide parts network Cat dealers help minimize machine downtime and save money by delivering replacement parts within 24 hours.
Owning quality equipment is an important factor in maintaining resale value. Caterpillar is not only known for machines that are better built, but provides product and dealer support to maintain the reliability and durability of your machine.
Every Stage IV ACERT engine is equipped with a combination of proven electronic, fuel, air and aftertreatment components.
More Powerful, Reliable Engine Electronics
The electronics used in Stage IV ACERT engines are more powerful and robust than ever. Increased features and connection commonality improve the customer experience and increase quality and reliability. Over-foam wiring harness adds to reliability even in the most demanding applications.
The 972M XE hydraulic system has significant design changes and customer value improvements. The main hydraulic valve is now a mono-block with an integrated ride control section. The mono-block design reduces weight, has forty percent fewer leak points and is common across all M Series models. Auxiliary third and fourth hydraulic functions can be easily added at the factory or in the field with the addition of a second remote valve.
Cat Connect technologies and Cat dealer services take the guesswork out of equipment management. Product Link™ and the online VisionLink® application enable you to monitor real-time machine data and manage machines health. Your Cat dealer offers expert advice and S·O·SSM Services to maintain equipment reliability and efficiency.
Cold Start Package
The new optional cold start package provides dependable starts in extreme cold weather and high altitudes.
|Bucket Capacities||2.9-9.9 m? (3.75-13.0 yd3)|
|Engine Model||Cat? C9.3 ACERT?|
|Rear||Oscillating ?13 degrees|
|Maximum Single-Wheel Rise and Fall||502 mm|
|Brakes||Brakes meet ISO 3450 standards|
|Service Refill Capacities|
|Cooling System||72 l|
|Hydraulic Tank||125 l|
|ROPS/FOPS||ROPS/FOPS meet ISO 3471 and ISO 3449 Level II standards|
|Breakout Force||196 kN|
|Maximum Net Torque - 1,200 rpm - ISO 9249||1618 N·m|
|Transmission - Virtual Gears|
|Reverse - 2||12.6 km/h|
|Forward - 2||12.6 km/h|
|Net Power - ISO 9249||232 kW|
|Hydraulic Cycle Time - Rated Payload - Raise from Carry Position||6.1 s|
|Note (2)||Machine and operator sound levels will vary at different engine and/or cooling fan speeds.|
|Hydraulic Cycle Time - Rated Payload - Lower, Empty, Float Down||3.4 s|
|Hydraulic Cycle Time - Rated Payload - Dump, at Maximum Raise||1.5 s|
|Operator Sound Pressure Level - ISO 6396:2008||67 dB(A)|
|Service Refill Capacities|
|Differential - Final Drives - Rear||57 l|
|Differential - Final Drives - Front||60 l|
|Hydraulic Cycle Time - Rated Payload - Total||11 s|
|Maximum Net Power - 1,600 rpm - ISO 9249 - Metric||232 kW|
|Service Refill Capacities|
|Note||*Must meet the requirements outlined in ISO 22241-1.|
|DEF Tank*||16.8 l|
|Exterior Sound Power Level - ISO 6395:2008||105 LWA|
|Transmission - Virtual Gears|
|Forward - 4||40 km/h|
|Operating Weight||24897 kg|
|Implement System - Maximum Flow - Optional 3rd/4th Function||260 l/min|
|Static Tipping Load - Full 37° Turn - No Tire Deflection||17421 kg|
|Transmission - Virtual Gears|
|Reverse - 3||28 km/h|
|Implement System - Maximum Pump Output at 2,300 rpm||360 l/min|
|Transmission - Virtual Gears|
|Reverse - 1||6.7 km/h|
|Forward - 3||22.1 km/h|
|Peak Gross Torque - 1,200 rpm - ISO 14396||1708 N·m|
|Static Tipping Load - Full 37° Turn - With Tire Deflection||16164 kg|
|Maximum Net Power - ISO 9249 - Metric||232 kW|
|Transmission - Virtual Gears|
|Forward - 1||6.7 km/h|
|Implement Pump Type||Variable Displacement Piston|
|Service Refill Capacities|
|Fuel Tank||313 l|
|Note (3)||Hearing protection may be needed when the machine is operated with a cabin that is not properly maintained.|
|Implement System - Maximum Operating Pressure||31000 kPa|
|Note (1)||The sound values are for specific operating conditions only.|
|Implement System - Maximum Pressure - Optional 3rd/4th Function||20680 kPa|
|Note (4)||Hearing protection may be needed when the doors and/or windows are open for extended periods or in a noisy environment.|