Incarcatoare frontale de talie medie Cat® 980M
The proven Z-bar linkage combines digging efficiency with excellent visibility to the tool resulting in excellent penetration into the pile, high breakout forces and superior production capabilities.
High Lift Linkage
The optional high lift linkage on 980M offers increased hinge pin height to load more easily in a variety of applications with any type of bucket or fork.
Aggregate packages are specialized offerings for specific loose aggregate rehandling applications, such as truck loading, hopper charging, stockpiling, and load and carry. Rehandling loose aggregate is less stressful to the machine, therefore payloads can be increased above other applications by installing larger buckets, counterweights and a scale system such as the Cat Production Measurement system.
To do so, the Cat aggregate packages require some prerequisites in terms of correct application, machine configuration and conformance to Caterpillar payload policy. Misapplication of Aggregate Handlers may result in significant reliability and durability risk.*
*Please consult your Cat dealer to ensure proper machine configuration selection in conformance to Caterpillar payload policy.
An extensive range of work tools and bucket styles are available to customize these machines for your operation. Work tools are available either with pin on or quick coupler interface.
Performance Series Buckets
- Load Easy, Fuel Efficient, Carry More – Performance Series Buckets utilize a system-based approach to balance bucket shape with the machine's linkage, weight, lift and tilt capacities. Operators benefit from reduced dig times and better material retention; ultimately translating into significant productivity and fuel efficiency improvements.
- Lower Operating Costs – Performance Series Buckets feature a longer floor that easily digs through the pile and provides excellent visibility for the operators to see when the bucket is full. Less time digging in the pile results in lower fuel consumption and improved tire life. A unique spill guard protects the cab and linkage components from material overflow.
- Higher Productivity – Performance Series Buckets achieve higher fill factors – ranging from 100% to 115% depending on the machine application and material type. The buckets feature a curved side profile to maximize material retention. The optimized design results in unsurpassed production capabilities.
- Styles and Applications – Performance Series Buckets are available for General Purpose, Material Handling, Rock, Heavy Duty Rock and Coal style buckets.
- Heavy Duty Quarry Rock Buckets are designed for bank or face loading material where high impact/high abrasion is encountered. Buckets include thicker base edge, liner package and addition wear plates.
- Slag Buckets are designed for use in steel mills and slag processing centers. They feature increased material thickness in critical structural components to provide maximum durability for hot or cold slag handling.
- Waste Handling Buckets are designed to move large volumes of low-density waste in transfer stations, landfills and recycling yards. Large capacities give maximum production when loading conveyors, trucks or hoppers.
- Woodchip Buckets are optimized for moving large volumes of wood chips in forestry and millyard settings. They feature a flat floor and straight edge designed to scoop the bucket full and help heap the load high.
Quick Couplers and Work Tool Attachments
A Wheel Loader equipped with a quick coupler is a much more versatile machine. Buckets and work tools can be changed without leaving the cab – allowing the machine to quickly move from task to task.
- Pallet Forks are available for material handling.
- Millyard and Logging Forks are available for forestry applications.
- Specialty Work Tool Attachments such as plows for snow removal are available. Contact your local Cat dealer for more details on tools available for your application.
Machine configuration, operator technique, and job site layout can impact fuel consumption by as much as 30 percent. Data from customer machines show Cat wheel loaders are the most fuel efficient machines in the industry. Several features contribute to this excellent fuel efficiency:
- New M Series Stage IV Engine, Hydraulics, Transmission and Ride Control – Deep system integration results in reduced emissions, more productivity, lower fuel consumption, without interrupting machine performance – making it seamless to you and your operators. Machine requires Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel ULSD and DEF.
- Optional Limited Slip Differentials – Increase traction, reduce tire scuffing compared to other traction aids, further reducing your operating costs.
- New External Caliper Disc Parking Brakes – Easily accessible for maintenance.
- Lock-up-Clutch Torque Converter and Shift Strategy – Reduced torque interruption increases driveline efficiency, conserving fuel. Auto 1-4 transmission mode keeps engine rpm low, reducing fuel consumption while delivering optimal machine performance.
- Machine Configuration – Select the correct linkage, guarding, work tool and tire type based on machine application. Radial tires are preferred; ensure proper inflation pressures. Heavier tires burn more fuel.
- Performance Series Buckets – Deliver faster fill times and better material retention, ultimately reducing cycle times while improving productivity and fuel efficiency.
Enabling Application Efficiency
- Loading Bucket – Load in first gear and keep engine rpm low. Raise and tilt bucket smoother, with Caterpillar's multi-function capability, and do not use a “pumping” motion. Avoid lift lever detent and use of transmission neutralizer. Use programmable kick-outs and automatic cylinder snubbing during repeated cycles.
- Loading Truck or Hopper – Do not raise the work tool any higher than necessary. Keep engine rpm low and unload in controlled manner.
- Idle – Set the parking brake to engage Engine Idle Management System to conserve fuel.
- Job Site Layout – Spot loading targets in the right position. Avoid traveling more than twice the machine length during short cycle loading. Reduce transport distance for load and carry cycles by optimizing job site layout.
The right technologies fine-tuned for the right applications result in:
- Improved Fluid Efficiency – Up to 5% improvement over Stage IIIB products (including Diesel Exhaust Fluid consumption).
- High Performance across a variety of applications.
- Enhanced Reliability through commonality and simplicity of design.
- Maximized Uptime and Reduced Cost with world-class support from the Cat dealer network.
- Minimized Impact of Emission Systems – Designed to be transparent to the operator without requiring interaction.
- Durable Designs with long life to overhaul.
- Delivering Better Fuel Economy with minimized maintenance costs while providing the same great power and response.
The new ride control system now has two accumulators enabling it to be more effective over a greater payload range, increasing productivity and operator efficiency due to a better ride.
The next generation implement pump continuously and automatically balance hydraulic loads with the machine performance desired by the operator.
The 980M power train has been improved with the addition of a lock-up clutch torque converter standard. These new torque converters have been matched with the engine power and hydraulics to improve performance and fuel efficiency. These rugged planetary transmissions also have a new split-flow oil system which use new multi-viscosity oil to improve fuel economy.
In addition to aggregates, sand and gravel and batch plants, this model is commonly used in heavy construction applications where poor underfoot conditions make traction difficult slowing production and challenging job deadlines. The optional limited slip differentials will improve tractive ability in these applications thereby increasing productivity.
The axles have new external caliper disc parking brakes mounted to the input shaft of the front axles. Since they are external, they do not have the inefficiencies of enclosed wet parking brakes due to brake discs running in oil nor is there any oil to change reducing fuel and maintenance costs. External caliper parking brakes are easily accessible for inspection and service.
Engine and Emissions
The Cat C13 ACERT engine is designed for maximum fuel efficiency and increased power density, while meeting Stage IV emission standards. This engine features innovative Cat electronics, fuel injection process, air-management systems, aftertreatment solution with Cat Selective Catalytic Reduction, and a fuel efficient regeneration system. For Stage IV equivalent emissions solutions, the Cat Regeneration System automatically removes soot from the Diesel Particulate Filter without interrupting your machine's work cycle.
Efficient Systems and Components
Innovative systems intelligently lower the average working engine speeds and reduce the overall system heat loads which result in significantly improved performance and fuel efficiency.
Advanced Systems with Innovative Integration
The deep system integration of the new engine and emissions system, power train, hydraulic system and cooling system result in 10% lower fuel consumption on average compared to the 980K.
The productive economy mode automatically controls the engine torque and speed based on the machine's power train load and places engine speed and torque in the most efficient operating range. The result is improved fuel efficiency while delivering optimal performance.
Next Generation Fuel Systems
Cat injection timing precisely controls the fuel injection process through a series of carefully timed microbursts, providing more control of combustion for the cleanest, most efficient fuel burn. On 980M the MEUI™ fuel system boosts performance and reduces soot for the C13 ACERT engine.
Cat NOx Reduction System
The Cat NOx Reduction System (NRS) captures and cools a small quantity of exhaust gas, then routes it back into the combustion chamber where it drives down combustion temperatures and reduces NOx emissions.
To meet the additional 80% reduction in NOx emissions required by Stage IV emission standards, one new system, the Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR), has been added to the already proven Cat Stage IIIB aftertreatment solution.
Every Stage IV ACERT engine is equipped with a combination of proven electronic, fuel, air and aftertreatment components.
More Powerful, Reliable Engine Electronics
The electronics used in Cat Stage IV engines are more powerful and robust than ever. Increased features and connection commonality improve the customer experience and increase quality and reliability. Over-foam wiring harness adds to reliability even in the most demanding applications.
The 980M hydraulic system has significant design changes and customer value improvements. The main hydraulic valve is now a mono-block with an integrated ride control section. The mono-block design reduces weight, has forty percent fewer leak points and is common across all M Series models. The auxiliary third function can be easily added at the factory or in the field with the addition of a second remote valve.
Cat Connect technologies and Cat dealer services take the guesswork out of equipment management. Product Link™ and the online VisionLink® application enable you to monitor real-time machine data and manage machines health. Your Cat dealer offers expert advice and S·O·SSM Services to maintain equipment reliability and efficiency.
Cold Start Package
The new optional cold start package provides dependable starts in extreme cold weather and high altitudes.
Easy to Operate
Ensuring operators are safe, confident in the control of their machines, have a clean, comfortable and quiet operating environment with controls that are intuitive and low effort all contribute to lower operator fatigue and better performance.
A switch has been added to the electronic service center which unlatches the door remotely (optional). The gas strut then swings the door open all while the operator is safely on the ground. The angle of the steps up to the cab has been increased to an optimal fifteen degrees enabling operators to walk up like stairs versus climbing more vertically like a ladder. Grab handles have been repositioned so a secure three points of contact can be maintained at all times.
Once in the cab, the new door securely seals against the new roll formed ROPS posts and the lower glass panel has been extended several inches to improve visibility to the left side of the machine. New larger convex mirrors improve visibility to the rear and integrated spot mirrors provide visibility close to both sides of the machine.
Sound and Vibration
The Cat air suspended seat, the viscous cab mount combined with lower engine speeds and an improved ride control system decrease noise and vibration the operator is subjected to, allowing him to remain efficient and productive the whole day long.
The central display panel has a large text box, five analog gauges, and LED warning indicators. The large text box provides in-language information about machine operation, feature activation and system troubleshooting and calibration. With the five large analog gauges the operator can easily identify if key systems are within normal operating range.
Touch Screen Display
A new multipurpose color touch screen display dramatically simplifies the operator interface; with machine controls, rear vision camera and new fully integrated Cat Production Measurement system. Intuitive navigation with in-language text enables operators to modify certain machine operating parameters and monitor machine conditions literally at the touch of their fingers.
Sealed against moisture and dirt, the centralized switch panel with LEDs provides reliability and ready access to frequently required functions, even while wearing gloves. The ISO symbols located on each membrane switch are molded all the way through to ensure the image will not wear off over time.
The M Series maintains the “help” feature which explains the function of each membrane switch.
Focusing on operator efficiency, the control panel has been streamlined to include easy to reach highly utilized machine controls. The touch screen display enables the relocation of some expanded functions while eliminating the need for a second switch panel for further simplicity and easy machine operation.
Electro-Hydraulic (EH) Joystick Steering with Force Feedback (Speed Sensitive)
Your operators will enjoy and quickly adapt to the industry leading seat mounted EH joystick steering system, which provides precision control and dramatically decreases operator arm fatigue. For operators who prefer a steering wheel, an electro-hydraulic steering wheel is available as an option.
Implement Controls (EH)
Seat mounted single axis implement control levers provide your operator with precise control of the work tool, all while moving with the seat for maximum comfort. In-cab programmable kick-outs and automatic cylinder snubbing are easy to set on-the-go for tilt, lower and lift, ideal for repeatable cycles.
The next generation ride control works as a shock absorber, improving ride quality and smoothness over rough terrain, increasing your operator confidence, comfort and efficiency, ensuring excellent material retention.
Cat Connect makes smart use of technology and services to improve your job site efficiency. Using the data from technology-equipped machines, you'll get more information and insight into your equipment and operations than ever before.
Cat Connect technologies offer improvements in these key areas: Equipment Management – increase uptime and reduce operating costs. Productivity – monitor production and manage job site efficiency. Safety – enhance job site awareness to keep your people and equipment safe.
Featured Cat Connect technologies include:
Cat Connect LINK Technologies
LINK technologies wirelessly connect you to your equipment giving you access to essential information you need to know to run your business. Link data can give you valuable insight into how your machine or fleet is performing so you can make timely, fact-based decisions that can boost job site efficiency and productivity.
Product Link is deeply integrated into your machine to take the guesswork out of equipment management. Easy access to timely information like machine location, hours, fuel usage, idle time and event codes via the online VisionLink user interface can help you effectively manage your fleet and lower operating cost.
PAYLOAD technologies provide accurate weighing of materials being loaded and hauled. Payload data is displayed for loader operators in real-time to improve productivity, reduce overloading, and recorded to track material movement by shift.
- Cat Production Measurement – Cat Production Measurement brings payload weighing to the cab, enabling operators to weigh loads “on-the-go” during loading operations. Loads are weighed as the bucket is raised during the lift cycle – eliminating the need to interrupt the load cycle, improving loading efficiency. Operators can view load weights on the integrated multi-function display and know precisely how much material is in the bucket and when trucks are filled to target payload – before leaving the loading zone. Instant feedback gives operators the confidence to work more effectively, maximizing the potential of the entire fleet. An optional in-cab printer provides the driver a printed receipt of truck payloads.
Operators can track recorded weights and cycles using the display. Site managers can wirelessly access data via the VisionLink web portal to measure production and monitor efficiency.
DETECT technologies enhance operator awareness of the environment around working equipment and provide alerts to help keep people and assets safe.
- Rear Vision Camera – The standard rear vision camera enhances visibility behind the machine, helping the operator work confidently, at peak potential. A rear view and payload data is displayed on the multi-function monitor during reverse travel. An optional second display can be added to provide a dedicated rear view of the job site.
The Cat sloped “one-piece” tilting hood provides industry leading access to the engine. Its design has further been improved on all M Series wheel loaders to provide the best-in-class service access to engine, oil levels and coolant sight gauge.
The cooling system is readily accessible for clean out and maintenance. With nine cooling fins per 25.4 mm and a perforated grill, most airborne debris entering the system passes through the cooler cores. The hydraulic and A/C cooler cores swing out providing easy access to both sides for cleaning. An access panel on the left side of the cooling package swings down to provide access to the back side of the engine coolant and Air-to-Air After Cooler (ATAAC). An optional variable pitch fan can automatically purge the cooler cores by periodically reversing the airflow when needed.
The electrical and hydraulic service centers provide grouped ground level access to numerous features, enhancing safety and convenience for your operators and service technicians, while reducing service time.
The electrical service center, located beneath the left platform, contains the maintenance free batteries, a fuse relay panel, main disconnect switch, ground level engine shutdown switch, hood tilt switch, and the jump start receptacle.
The hydraulic service centers are now virtually identical for the M Series product line. This new consistent layout makes it easier for service technicians who work on a variety of M Series models.
Hydraulic system components on the 980M are protected by full flow and kidney-loop filtration. A filter in the hydraulic tank return line filters all of the oil returning to the tank. There is also a case drain screen for additional protection and finally, a separate kidney-loop filter with a finer micron rating continuously filters smaller particles out of the system. This multilevel design ensures the hydraulic oil is clean and thoroughly protects the rest of the hydraulic system from contamination. A new thermal bypass valve has been added to improve hydraulic system warm-up.
Customer Support Agreements
A Customer Support Agreement (CSA) is an arrangement between you and your Cat dealer that helps you lower your total cost per ton. CSAs are flexible, allowing them to be tailored to your business needs. They can range from simple Preventive Maintenance Kits to elaborate Total Cost Performance Guarantees. Having a CSA with your Cat dealer enables more time for you to do what you do best – run your business.
Monitoring product health is key to optimizing the life of an investment into a Cat Wheel Loader.
- Cat Product Link – Cat Product Link allows remote monitoring of equipment to improve overall fleet management effectiveness. Product Link is deeply integrated into machine systems. Events and diagnostic codes, as well as hours, fuel, idle time and other detailed information are transmitted to a secure web based application, VisionLink. VisionLink includes powerful tools to convey information to users and dealers, including mapping, working and idle time, fuel level and more.
- S·O·S Services – Helps manage component life and decrease machine downtime, increasing productivity and efficiency. Regular fluid sampling can help track what is going on inside your machine. Wear related problems are predictable and easily repairable. Maintenance can be done to accommodate your schedule, resulting in increased uptime and flexibility in maintenance repairs before failure.
Caterpillar provides an unsurpassed level of personalized service to help you work more cost effectively and efficiently. By utilizing a worldwide parts network Cat dealers help minimize machine downtime and save money by delivering replacement parts within 24 hours.
Owning quality equipment is an important factor in maintaining resale value. Caterpillar is not only known for machines that are better built, but provides product and dealer support to maintain the reliability and durability of your machine.
The robotically welded two-piece structural frame design provides strong and rigid structures that absorb all the forces associated to penetration, loading and twisting.
The M Series articulating hitch system, joining the front and rear frames, provides increased bearing force capacity.
The M Series axles are designed to handle extreme applications resulting in reliable performance and durable life. The rear axle can oscillate to ±13 degrees helping to ensure all four wheels stay on the ground providing stability even in the roughest terrain, for excellent stability and traction.
|Engine Model||Cat? C13 ACERT?|
|Maximum Net Power - ISO 9249||288 kW (392 hp metric)|
|Maximum Power - 1,700 rpm - ISO 14396||313 kW (426 hp metric)|
|Peak Torque - 1,200 rpm - ISO 14396||2182 N·m|
|Maximum Power - ISO 14396||313 kW (426 hp metric)|
|Maximum Net Power - 1,700 rpm - ISO 9249||288 kW (392 hp metric)|
|Peak Gross Torque - 1,200 rpm - SAE J1995||2206 N·m|
|Maximum Net Torque - 1,100 rpm - ISO 9249||2054 N·m|
|Net Power - ISO 9249||288 kW|
|Maximum Gross Power - 1,700 rpm - SAE J1995||317 kW (431 hp metric)|
|Operating Weight||30090 kg|
|Bucket Capacities||4.2-12.0 m? (5.25-15.75 yd3)|
|Breakout Force||224 kN|
|Static Tipping Load - Full 40° Turn - No Tire Deflection||20796 kg|
|Static Tipping Load - Full 40° Turn - With Tire Deflection||19565 kg|
|Forward - 1||6.9 km/h|
|Forward - 2||13.3 km/h|
|Forward - 3||23.5 km/h|
|Forward - 4||40 km/h|
|Reverse - 1||7.8 km/h|
|Reverse - 2||15.2 km/h|
|Reverse - 3||26.9 km/h|
|Reverse - 4||40 km/h|
|Implement System - Optional 3rd Function Maximum Flow||240 l/min|
|Hydraulic Cycle Time - Rated Payload - Total||10.1 s|
|Implement System - Maximum Operating Pressure||34300 kPa|
|Hydraulic Cycle Time - Rated Payload - Lower, Empty, Float Down||3.1 s|
|Hydraulic Cycle Time - Rated Payload - Raise from Carry Position||5.3 s|
|Hydraulic Cycle Time - Rated Payload - Dump, at Maximum Raise||1.7 s|
|Implement Pump Type||Variable Displacement Piston|
|Implement System - Optional 3rd Function Maximum Pressure||21780 kPa|
|Implement System - Maximum Pump Output at 2,250 rpm||449 l/min|
|Brakes||Brakes meet ISO 3450:2011 standards|
|Rear||Oscillating ?13 degrees|
|Maximum Single-Wheel Rise and Fall||549 mm|
|ROPS/FOPS||ROPS/FOPS meet ISO 3471:2008 and ISO 3449:2005 Level II standards|
|Service Refill Capacities|
|Cooling System||53 l|
|Hydraulic Tank||153 l|
|Differential - Final Drives - Front||84 l|
|Differential - Final Drives - Rear||84 l|
|DEF Tank||21 l|
|Fuel Tank||441 l|
|Operator Sound Pressure Level - ISO 6396:2008||72 dB(A)|
|Exterior Sound Power Level - ISO 6395:2008 (European Union Directive "2000/14/EC" as amended by "2005/88/EC")*||109 dB(A)|
|Note (3)||**For a standard machine configuration, measured according to the procedures specified. The measurement was conducted under the following conditions: distance of 15 m (49.2 ft), moving forward in second gear ratio with the cooling fan speed set at...|
|Note (2)||*For a standard machine configuration, measured according to the procedures specified with the cooling fan speed set at 70% of maximum value.|
|Exterior Sound Pressure Level - SAE J88:2013**||78 dB(A)|
|Note (1)||The sound values indicated are for specific operating conditions only. Machine and operator sound levels will vary at different engine and/or cooling fan speeds. Hearing protection may be needed when the machine is operated with a cabin that is...|
|Note||Maximum travel speed in standard vehicle with empty bucket and standard L4 tires with 933 mm roll radius.|
|Air Conditioning System|
|Air Conditioning||The air conditioning system on this machine contains the fluorinated greenhouse gas refrigerant R134a (Global Warming Potential = 1430). The system contains 1.6 kg of refrigerant which has a CO2 equivalent of 2.288 metric tonnes.|
|Note||Weight based on a machine configuration with Michelin 29.5R25 XLDD1 L4 radial tires, full fluids, operator, standard counterweight, cold start, roading fenders, Product Link, open differential axles (front/rear), secondary steering, sound...|
|Note (1)||For a machine configuration as defined under ?Weight.?|
|Note (1)||The power ratings apply at the stated speed when tested under the reference conditions for the specified standards.|
|Note (2)||The net power advertised is the power available at the flywheel when the engine is equipped with fan, alternator, air cleaner and aftertreatment.|
|Note (3)||The gross power advertised is with the fan at maximum speed.|
|Emissions||Cat engine with ACERT Technology ? meets Stage IV emission standards.|
|Note (2)||Full compliance to ISO 143971:2007 Sections 1 thru 6, which requires 2% verification between calculations and testing.|